Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Track Bar Necessary?

Old 03-03-2014, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Track Bar Necessary?

I have a road driven 2012 wrangler unlimited with a 3 inch lift and 35 inch tires. I have an adjustable track bar and front ALC arms. After having my jeep inspected I was told to purchase a rear adjustable track bar to line up the front and rear axles.

My question is this: should I get an adjustable rear track bar to match the front or will a rear bracket with my stock track bar do the same thing? Secondly will I notice a difference in my on road handling?
Old 03-03-2014, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

A rear track bar bracket with the stock track bar should get your axle close to center and give you a better roll center. An adjustable track bar will give you more precise adjustment and more strength than stock but it's not needed.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:14 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

If having to choose between the two the raised bracket is better. Try and get one that is raised as much as you lifted or get one like the synergy that has multiple mounting points. Don't use a bolt on style as some of them put so much stress on the bracket that they break off.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just to add to this question is it worth having both? I have just a bracket no real issues but it is in the back of my mind to add a rear adjustable track bar to see if I gain anything. I see so many lifts that include both. I wonder if a adj. rear track bar has a real benefit or is it just a selling point.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:45 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

They will typically be stronger then the factory link and will allow for perfect adjustment if you are so inclined.
Many kits will just include a front adjustable link and a rear relocation bracket so don't get confused by seing that.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depending on the brackest height can also decide if you need an adjustable track bar. but the minimal axle shift in the rear isnt as big of a deal as the front imo. the bracket may get it centered or it may not. As dirtman said an adjustable track bar mount would be the way to go if you dont want a trackbar. If getting both get a bracket as tall as you can such as metalcloak.

Last edited by Maertz; 03-03-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

I'll look into the bracket option, thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: Rear Track Bar Necessary?