Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Track bar mount install question

Old 08-13-2016, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Track bar mount install question

I currently have the TF rear track bar bracket (frame mount) in place but am going to be switching to the TF axle side track bar bracket as my lift has increased.

Is it necessary to return the frame side of the track bar to its factory location as I move the axle side when I install the axle bracket? Or can I leave the frame side of the TB mounted in its current position?

I am guessing no. TF is closed over the weekend or I'd call them.

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Yes, remove one and put the other on. I hope you took heed of what I asked in the other thread Ann's purchased the wrap around style mount instead of the cheap extension.

http://www.extremeterrain.com/terafl...7D&XTID=J13006
Old 08-13-2016, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Yes, remove one and put the other on. I hope you took heed of what I asked in the other thread Ann's purchased the wrap around style mount instead of the cheap extension.

http://www.extremeterrain.com/terafl...7D&XTID=J13006
Thank you for the help and yes I did.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep nice bracket
Old 08-13-2016, 03:25 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Actually you can leave the frame side bracket if you wish. Your goal should be to get the track bar as level as you can while centering your axle. However running the drop bracket will slightly lower your roll center.

I prefer a bracket like this but you have to weld it on.
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...g/PAN-OFF.html

Last edited by TheDirtman; 08-13-2016 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Actually you can leave the frame side bracket if you wish. Your goal should be to get the track bar as level as you can while centering your axle. However running the drop bracket will slightly lower your roll center.
I am assuming that the roll center is something that would traverse lengthwise from the rear of the vehicle to the front of the vehicle manipulated by the front track bar as well. If this assumption is correct, how does one ensure that the rear track bar and the front track bar are aligned with respect to each other?

I know that their frame mounted pivot points are located on opposite sides. Do they work with each other or against each other centering roll?

Or am I just overthinking things now?
Old 08-13-2016, 05:05 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

It has to do with the way the body rolls on the suspension. The higher the pivot points the less top heavy the jeep feels and yes the front has an affect on it. I don't think the fact the frame mounts are opposite sides has anything to do with the roll center

Quick Reply: Rear Track bar mount install question