Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Track Bar Bracket Sheared off Advise

Old 06-01-2008, 10:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AUSTIN760
Lensman, you have the superlift bracket, right?
Yep Superlift I am going to call them to see what they recommend?????
Old 06-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See you saturday!
Old 06-03-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Called Superlift and they were pretty cool they are sending me a n Adjustable Track Bar for 1/2 price free shipping. I decided on the Teraflex Bracket (Thanks Joe) I will weld it for reinforcement. I will post pics upon completion. For now I am waiting on the parts. I will not have the jeep for the meet and greet as I am having other fixes done as well.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lensman
Called Superlift and they were pretty cool they are sending me a n Adjustable Track Bar for 1/2 price free shipping. I decided on the Teraflex Bracket (Thanks Joe) I will weld it for reinforcement. I will post pics upon completion. For now I am waiting on the parts. I will not have the jeep for the meet and greet as I am having other fixes done as well.
good to hear about superlift, I have one as well, no issues yet, but I am definitely looking at getting the Teraflex bracket and a set of track bars.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I thought if you got the adjustable trackbar, you didn't need the bracket...am I wrong? Or is it a nice to have in addition to the adj 'bar?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RebelJeeper
I thought if you got the adjustable trackbar, you didn't need the bracket...am I wrong? Or is it a nice to have in addition to the adj 'bar?
If you get the adjustable trackbar you still need the stock bracket; you just don't need the extension bracket.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AUSTIN760
good to hear about superlift, I have one as well, no issues yet, but I am definitely looking at getting the Teraflex bracket and a set of track bars.
Dude ditch the extention bracket as soon as you can. Then you can use an adjustable. Or get an aftermarket bracket like the Teraflex and use your exsisting track bar. My oe is toast because of the extention bracket .
Old 06-05-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07rube
If you get the adjustable trackbar you still need the stock bracket; you just don't need the extension bracket.
Okay, that's what I thought...thx for the response!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up Resolved rear track bar bracket

Today I went by Beat95YJ's Shop (I won't say who unless Beat gives me the ok) and picked up the Jeep. He completely hooked me up. The rear track bar had beaten the driver’s side rear shock into submission when the bracket sheared. Beat went way above and beyond by replacing it. He let some gas out of the four corners and re-torqued all the front end suspension bolts to spec. The Jeep rides tons better. He pointed out an issue I was unaware of and will start another thread regarding this.

After I left the shop I decided to bring the Jeep up to Jeep of Ontario, Ca which is where I bought it. They put the Jeep up on the lift within 5 minutes, (Dave is awesome) They will replace the rear axle housing under warrantee :bounce: They will also install the bracket and adjustable track bar when I get it from Superlift. I wish I had the money for chromoly shafts I would have those replaced during the swap. Maybe I can sell my sister?????????? Those will have to wait for another day. I need new rubber first and new rails. Ontario Came Through for me on this.

Quick Reply: Rear Track Bar Bracket Sheared off Advise