Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear track bar

Old 07-14-2009, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear track bar

I just purchased the Teraflex 3 inch coil lift and plan to purchase a front adjustable track bar and adjustable control arm system. My plan is to also purchase a rear adjustable track bar. My question is if I purchase the rear adjustable track bar will I need to install the track bar relocation bracket that came with the lift kit?
Old 07-14-2009, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schulje
I just purchased the Teraflex 3 inch coil lift and plan to purchase a front adjustable track bar and adjustable control arm system. My plan is to also purchase a rear adjustable track bar. My question is if I purchase the rear adjustable track bar will I need to install the track bar relocation bracket that came with the lift kit?
NO. that's why you get an adjustable rear track bar--to avoid the use of a bracket.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 3" coil lift.

I have this on my Unlimited. I bought a TF monster track bar for the front and use the center hole on the trackbar bracket. Both axles are centered. I would use that bracket even with an adjustable if you think you need it just for the fact that it braces a very weak factory mount on the axle.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been running front and rear JKS Adj. trackbars for awhile now. I am considering adding the brackets myself even with the adjustables. Keeping the angle of the trackbar correct is just as important as having the axle centerd.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by schulje
Installing a adj. trackbar only centers the axle. The steepier of the angle of the trackbar means the more the axle will move side to side. Adding a trackbar bracet, in this case the TeraFlex#1954777, corrects the geometery and roll center. No one has ripped off a TeraFlex #195477 TB bracket.

http://www.teraflex.biz/products/jk-...inch-lift.html
Old 07-14-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

I just installed a rear JKS track bar with that tera bracket, works great.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, for everyone's input. I'll plan to install the Teraflex bracket and adjustable track bar.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Broke rear trackbar bracket at axle, had it rewelded and added the welded JKS bracket,
when TF 3" lift was installed, had them add the TF bracket since it is part of their kit
and adjustable trackbar.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Teraflex,
Is that rear bracket built in such a way that it can be welded on vs. bolted on??
Old 07-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
Teraflex,
Is that rear bracket built in such a way that it can be welded on vs. bolted on??
It can be just bolted in and be just fine. Mine is bolted/welded in.

Quick Reply: Rear track bar