Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Track Bar???

Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

OK so how come my buddies 2.5" Skyjacker sport lift came with a rear track bar relocate bracket but my 4" Skyjacker lift didn't? Should I be buying one?

I have ZERO problems (knock wood) and I go wheeling all the time.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm using TF's HD bracket primarily for piece of mind being that the front and rear axle end mounts are prone to breaking. If you'd like better on road manners, both the front and rear brackets are nice investments I think, to raise your roll center giving you a lot better handling and less body roll. Other than knowing I'm safe from breakage, I noticed a big improvement in handling.
quick edit:
I'm using Synergy's front bracket, both Synergy front and TF's HD rear raise the Jeep's roll center by 3". Huge improvement for me with 3.5" lift. Less wondering feeling, more controlled on turns especially.

Last edited by k0260; 12-30-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:36 PM
JK Jedi

OK.... Seeing as I'm stock in that dept I was just wondering..... Thanks! I knew it was to center the axles but wasn't sure if I needed it since my kit didn't come with it.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also did the teraflex HD rear bracket and did a front pro comp adjustable front track bar. jeep drives nicer and doesn't pull to either side after bumpy pavement. off road i noticed no difference, its the street manors that improve
Old 12-30-2012, 11:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
OK so how come my buddies 2.5" Skyjacker sport lift came with a rear track bar relocate bracket but my 4" Skyjacker lift didn't? Should I be buying one?

I have ZERO problems (knock wood) and I go wheeling all the time.
Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
OK.... Seeing as I'm stock in that dept I was just wondering..... Thanks! I knew it was to center the axles but wasn't sure if I needed it since my kit didn't come with it.
It depends. Is the reason why your 4" lift didn't come with a relocation bracket is because it came with an adjustable track bar instead? If so then you should be good to go. If not then you would have to measure your axle and see if there is any difference between your driver and passenger tire. Most likely with that much lift, it will be off. Getting an adjustable track bar will help recenter your axle.

When I installed my 2.5" RK lift it came with a rear track bar relocation bracket to center my axle. But I also added a 1/2" TF rear spacer, that pushed my axle closer to the driver side. I then noticed my passenger JKS sway bar link was rubbing my tire, so I purchased a TF rear track bar to recenter my axle. Problem solved...

Last edited by aldaman; 12-31-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:14 AM
JK Freak

Your lift should have come with a track bar relocation bracket for the front and rear, as well as a brace that runs over to the diff cover for the front and rear.

Edit, I would get one of these, and run your stock track bar.

Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY :: Suspension :: Suspension & Lift Kits :: Jeep Suspension Systems :: 2007-Current Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Systems :: Synergy Suspension :: Synergy Suspension Jeep JK 3"+ Bolt-on Rear Track Bar Bracket - 4X4 Of

Last edited by KCTW; 12-31-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:13 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by KCTW
Your lift should have come with a track bar relocation bracket for the front and rear, as well as a brace that runs over to the diff cover for the front and rear.

Edit, I would get one of these, and run your stock track bar.

Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY*::*Suspension*::*Suspension & Lift Kits*::*Jeep Suspension Systems*::*2007-Current Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Systems*::*Synergy Suspension*::*Synergy Suspension Jeep JK 3"+ Bolt-on Rear Track Bar Bracket - 4X4 Of
Well the lift it got was just 4 coils, 4 shocks, dual stabilizer setup..... Nothing else came. My buddies kit only came with the rear relocation..... Nothing for the front.

Well I'm gonna call skyjacker today and ask..... If their open.

Last edited by Jersey_Devil; 12-31-2012 at 05:31 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Jedi

Just got off the phone with Skyjacker and the guy I spoke to told me that I DONT need it with my kit..... But he also sounded a lil confused at the same time.......
Old 12-31-2012, 06:48 AM
JK Freak

You don't by chance know the part number for this lift do ya ? I was just on Skyjackers website and didn't see a 4" kit that was just springs and shocks. All 4" lifts they have listed come with track bar brackets.
I'm not trying to bust your chops, I'm just trying to help.

Is it either of these ? Its the only two I could find that came with shocks.

Item #JK401KHX-R / Skyjacker Suspensions

Item #JK40BPH-R / Skyjacker Suspensions

Last edited by KCTW; 12-31-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Get a bracket! In 07 I ran a 2" skyjacker lift, my trackbar snapped right off while driving down the freeway!! Stock tabs aren't thick or really welded on there. Get something that welds on or boils around the axle!

Quick Reply: Rear Track Bar???