Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear tow Bumpers

Old 02-10-2008, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear tow Bumpers

Have 08 Rubicon with 35'S and 3 1/2" Rubicon Express Long arm lift. Ordered without tow package. Wife and kids have new boat on wish list. 21 Ft, aprrox 3000# trailer and boat. Should I just get the factory tow hitch or look for high quality aftermarket bumper/hitch combo. Hopefully something that won't interfere when I'm 4weelin. (Pun)

Also has 5:13 gears

Last edited by 4weelin; 02-10-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would be pushing that Rubi to the limit. The fact that you have 35s will put you over the limit unless you have regeared. I personally don't like to tow pushed to the limit. Another concern I would have would be the length of the boat since it weighs about 75% of what the jeep does.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I would NOT plan on towing that boat very far with that setup. You would be putting yourself in a potentially dangerous situation, plus on 35's you probably won't have the grunt to pull the boat out on a steep ramp. That short wheelbase gets scary when pulling a long trailer. If you get out of shape that boat would have no problem flipping you right over.

Quick Reply: Rear tow Bumpers