Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Teraflex Driveshaft Question

Old 07-14-2008, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Teraflex Driveshaft Question

I have the 4" Teraflex lift and am running 37's on a 2dr rubicon with auto trans. My factory driveshaft finally failed and needed replaced. I had a Jeep dealer do the install and I have a couple questions.
1.) Should there be any vibration or humming noise due to the new driveshaft install?
2.) When coming to a stop you would think I had a manual transmission and forgot to put the clutch in. The vibration when stopping seems similar to a stall without stalling. I wondering if the angle was set incorrectly or if there is something about the shaft that causes this sensation but no real problem.

By the way, Teraflex products are awesome and I'm sure this will be answered and taken care of quickly, as ususal.

Thank You In Advance
Old 07-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKevbo
I have the 4" Teraflex lift and am running 37's on a 2dr rubicon with auto trans. My factory driveshaft finally failed and needed replaced. I had a Jeep dealer do the install and I have a couple questions.
1.) Should there be any vibration or humming noise due to the new driveshaft install?
2.) When coming to a stop you would think I had a manual transmission and forgot to put the clutch in. The vibration when stopping seems similar to a stall without stalling. I wondering if the angle was set incorrectly or if there is something about the shaft that causes this sensation but no real problem.

By the way, Teraflex products are awesome and I'm sure this will be answered and taken care of quickly, as ususal.

Thank You In Advance
You should not have any vibrations with it. Could you post a pic of it? I'd like to see the angle that it's at. Thanks-Joe
Old 07-16-2008, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here are the pics that your requested. I hope these help

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Tks
Old 07-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

I'll review these pics/problem with some co-workers tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

looks alittle short but the angle looks good
Old 07-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

OK it looks like your pinion angle needs to be raised some. You can extend both uppers about 2 turns, drive it and go from there.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
OK it looks like your pinion angle needs to be raised some. You can extend both uppers about 2 turns, drive it and go from there.

gotta love this forum

where can this shaft be purchased?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by davebloomer
gotta love this forum

where can this shaft be purchased?
Northridge/Quadratec
Old 08-11-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Default What was the outcome with Teraflex's advice?

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
What was the verdict???. I'm in the same boat with a newly installed teraflex shaft. (my new teraflex front shaft is off pending getting the vibes out of the rear). My rear angle looks similar. Getting vibes at 30 and up. I previously drove on the front with rear removed to confirm that the vibes are coming from the rear.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks
Old 08-11-2012, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default What was the outcome with Teraflex's advice?

What was the verdict???. I'm in the same boat with a newly installed teraflex shaft. (my new teraflex front shaft is off pending getting the vibes out of the rear). My rear angle looks similar. Getting vibes at 30 and up. I previously drove on the front with rear removed to confirm that the vibes are coming from the rear.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks

Quick Reply: Rear Teraflex Driveshaft Question