Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear swaybat opinions

Old 09-29-2015, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey everyone This is in reference to my daily driver/weekend wheeler. I have a 3.5 Rock Krawler suspension with 4"-6" fox shocks, front antilock, rear Evo rock Stars in the rear and 6 Rock Krawler arms draglink flip raised front and rear trackbars... My rear links are too short with the rockstars and these longer shocks. I'm trying to decide between rear antirock and getting longer rear links with the stock Sway bar. Opinions? Suggestions?

Last edited by Wrangeler X; 09-29-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Antirock*. Imo just get longer arms. The rear sway bar is fine or i have ran without a rear bar. But if money is no concern get an antirock and be done
Old 09-29-2015, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Money is always a concern I'm just not sure what the rear anti rock gets me. The rear swaybar doesn't limit flex. But I am concerned with the significantly extended drop, with these new longer shocks combined with the rockstars that I'm asking to snap the stock away bar. Or I may start having interference issues with the stock bar and longer arms.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrangeler X
Money is always a concern I'm just not sure what the rear anti rock gets me. The rear swaybar doesn't limit flex. But I am concerned with the significantly extended drop, with these new longer shocks combined with the rockstars that I'm asking to snap the stock away bar. Or I may start having interference issues with the stock bar and longer arms.
You can easily move the swaybar back if you get longer arms and pushed the axle back.. Many long arms move the frame brackets though. The rear bar does limit flex to a degree but having a swaybar is a good thing. That being said i felt it fine to run without one. Cost wise id either remove it or get longer links. Youll need a good amount of travel and lots of offroading to fatigue the stockbar to breaking point.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm running the Fox rear p/n 985-24-012 which has compressed length 16 .85 and extended length 28.45 (11.6" Travel) and rockstars. I use stock swaybar with extended links no issues. I really don't see the point of installing a rear antirock the stock doesn't limit my travel and works fine.

Edited to add: EVO lever rear coil over set up uses stock swaybar and hasn't had issues with it snapping I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Last edited by Biginboca; 09-29-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:01 PM
JK Freak

Nice feedback guys!!! I'll be extending rear links

Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Rear swaybat opinions