Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Swaybar Bent

Old 05-25-2010, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Swaybar Bent

I have a bent sway bar on the back of my JK.. with my Rough Country lift, it was one that was taken from the front and installed on the back.

What are my options in replacing this? Any suggestions?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:38 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

hang on a second, are you refering to the sway bar "link" and if so, you were not supposed to install the factory front links in the rear (they would be way too short) but rather, the factory rears in the front. the longer factory rear links would be about what you need up front after installing a lift.

i'm not sure what you got from RC but if they are just basic longer links, install them in the rear and then install your factory rears up front.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
hang on a second, are you refering to the sway bar "link" and if so, you were not supposed to install the factory front links in the rear (they would be way too short) but rather, the factory rears in the front. the longer factory rear links would be about what you need up front after installing a lift.

i'm not sure what you got from RC but if they are just basic longer links, install them in the rear and then install your factory rears up front.

Ooops! Sorry, it's been a while since I did the install. Yes I mean the link in the rear, that I received from Rough Country. Should I buy just a replacement link.. or should I go with some type of adjustable/quick disconnect route all together?
Old 05-25-2010, 09:14 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by feroxjb
Ooops! Sorry, it's been a while since I did the install. Yes I mean the link in the rear, that I received from Rough Country. Should I buy just a replacement link.. or should I go with some type of adjustable/quick disconnect route all together?
Disconnecting the rear swaybar is a bad idea. Just order a replacement.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry I'm really jacking this thread up tonight!

Let me explain what I mean:

Should I get a set of adjustable links for the back.. and a set of quick disconnects for the front.. instead of just buying a regular link for the one in the back that is bent.

Is it worth the money to get the adjustable ones? I'm thinking of slowly, in pieces convert to a teraflex lift. This a bad idea?
Old 05-25-2010, 10:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you think you are going to go bigger (even if you’re not) I would (or just have) put on adjustable rears and adjustable discos at the front both from JKS...

Few extra bucks up front but should save in the long run...
Old 05-26-2010, 05:52 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

if you don't have a rubicon, yes, i would pick up a set of adjustable rear links and front disconnects

Quick Reply: Rear Swaybar Bent