Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Swaybar Adapter

Old 07-22-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear Swaybar Adapter

So after the install of my Teraflex 2.5" BB, I had the rear trackbar adapter remaining. I had done the back and front at late parts of the evening on two seperate days due to holidays and family visits during the day. I had used the Project-JK build writeup as a reference and reconnected the trackbar using the stock location. Now that the install is complete and my angles seem to be fine, is there a major issue if I do not install this drop down bracket? I have read on here that it usually causes the OEM mounts to develop cracks. The second thing is the rear swaybar links, I currently have them on the outside to avoid any binding issues with the brakelines or frame and because I am running wheels with a 4.5" spacing, they have lots of clearance. Any insight on these two issues would be appreciated.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Craig, always appreciate your opinion. Nice of you to have gone through most of this before me!

On a side note, I ordered disco links for the front seeing as I have a bent one. Kind of a blessing in disguise I guess. I don't think I would notice that small of an offset, it took quite a bit just to get the rear lined up again with a strap.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:12 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO
... then its worth getting an adjustable swaybar
I know that you meant adjustable trackbar. Back when I had a BB (RC 2.5"), I ran it without a relocation bracket. Barely had any axle shift. If OP doesn't have much axle shift, I wouldn't use the relocation bracket because of the potential problems alluded to. But, some folks don't claim to have an inch or more of shift--that's probably worth correcting.

As for the links: Mine (TF 2.5" coil lift) are on the inside. Don't recall all of the discussion of this, but I'm pretty certain I did get that from TF on a post somewhere here on the forum.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 07-23-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI several customers never install that rear trackbar bracket and had no issues. TeraFlex now has a rear adjustable FORGED trackbar. I will be posting up on this soon.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
FYI several customers never install that rear trackbar bracket and had no issues. TeraFlex now has a rear adjustable FORGED trackbar. I will be posting up on this soon.
Can't wait to see it!
Will the adjustment be the same as the front and will it have the rubber joints on the ends?

Last edited by 0llll0; 07-23-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Rear Swaybar Adapter