Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rear sway bars

Old 11-28-2011, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear sway bars

How important are rear swaybars. Has anyone removed them all together and if they have how does it handle on the road??
Old 11-28-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

I'm not sure, I have been thinking of taking mine out all together. I have heard of some people doing this but have no first hand knowledge about it.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took the one off of my 08 2 days after I purchased it.. Removed the one from my 2012 3 days after when I did the lift
Old 11-28-2011, 03:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would leave it on. It is not hurting anything and it will help you in off camber situations off roading. The rear sway bar is buttery soft.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ran no rear swaybar on my 2009 for 20,000 miles and my 2012 came out when installed lift at 400 miles and will not go back in. The ride is better on the road and much better offroad.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Does anyone have any feedback on new full traction crc link which eliminates the rear swaybar, thinking of getting it
Old 11-28-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kgw350
I ran no rear swaybar on my 2009 for 20,000 miles and my 2012 came out when installed lift at 400 miles and will not go back in. The ride is better on the road and much better offroad.
To each his own I guess.

Originally Posted by JKU-81
Does anyone have any feedback on new full traction crc link which eliminates the rear swaybar, thinking of getting it
You keep the sway bar, it just eliminates the rear track bar.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

I did it for a while. I didn't notice any difference.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread needs to stay on topic. The other thread was removed by me because the OP was stating that he completely removed both of his swaybars and was swerving all over the highway, causing other drivers to have to do evasive maneuvers or go around him while he was laughing at them. Unsafe acts are not tolerated on the forum.

Also illegal in some states, from WA law:

The spring mounts and shackles shall be properly aligned and of sufficient strength so as to support the gross weight of the vehicle and provide free travel in an up and down movement under all conditions of operation. Rear coil spring suspension systems shall incorporate anti-sway devices to control lateral movement.

Last edited by armycop; 11-28-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by armycop
This thread needs to stay on topic. The other thread was removed by me because the OP was stating that he completely removed both of his swaybars and was swerving all over the highway, causing other drivers to have to do evasive maneuvers or go around him while he was laughing at them. Unsafe acts are not tolerated on the forum.

Also illegal in some states, from WA law:

The spring mounts and shackles shall be properly aligned and of sufficient strength so as to support the gross weight of the vehicle and provide free travel in an up and down movement under all conditions of operation. Rear coil spring suspension systems shall incorporate anti-sway devices to control lateral movement.
I totally agree with u and I guess my real question was when u take off the rear sway bars do u get to much body roll where its hard to drive on the highway and I guess from what people say the answer is for me it would be to much thank u for Ur answer

Quick Reply: rear sway bars