Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Sway Bar Links and Bumpstops

Old 04-19-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Sway Bar Links and Bumpstops

About to install my RC BB lift. Kind of wish I just went for the Teraflex BB cause now Im trying to get all the pieces the RC doesnt have. I ordered a teraflex rear trackbar bracket. Im wondering if its important to have the longer rear sway bar links. And what about the front? I plan on getting disconnects eventually. But just for the time being, is it ok? I know I should also get some bumpstops but can I get away without running them for a month or two as long as I dont go full flex?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ChopN
About to install my RC BB lift. Kind of wish I just went for the Teraflex BB cause now Im trying to get all the pieces the RC doesnt have. I ordered a teraflex rear trackbar bracket. Im wondering if its important to have the longer rear sway bar links. And what about the front? I plan on getting disconnects eventually. But just for the time being, is it ok? I know I should also get some bumpstops but can I get away without running them for a month or two as long as I dont go full flex?
IIRC the new links in the tera kit are the same as the rear stock length. They just moved the stock rears to the front. If you plan on getting front discos just get 'em now and you can leave the rears in place. The fronts will bend if you off road and dont dico they are to short with the BB. You really dont need the bump stops right now, but look into them down the road. What size tire are you gunna be running after the lift? If you keep the stock tires you'll do fine with out the bump stops, if you go bigger get the bump stops so you dont rip your fenders off or over compress the springs.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks. I'm going to stay with stock tires for another month or so. I'm thinking about the 315 duratracks. I'm going to trim the fenders too. So if I get front disco's I don't have to change the rear links?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ChopN
Thanks. I'm going to stay with stock tires for another month or so. I'm thinking about the 315 duratracks. I'm going to trim the fenders too. So if I get front disco's I don't have to change the rear links?

You got it
Old 04-19-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

I don't know where you ordered RC Kit from . But when When I ordered my RC 2.5" Coil Lift Kit I also ordered the RC Rear Track Bar Bracket Part #1166 for $29.95 . Same part they list for use with the RC 2.5" BB Lift. They also list the RC Front Swaybar Quick Disconnects Part #1146 for $59.95 for both the 2.5" Coil Lift and the 2.5" BB Lift. You can find all this on the Rough Country web site .

Last edited by Shadow's_Jeep; 04-19-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Ya I didn't know any better when I got it a year ago. I ordered it from RC. It's just the basic BB. I was aware that I would have to be buying additional parts but from now on it won't be from RC. Not a bad company at all. But I could have made one order to teraflex and be done with it. Live and learn.

Quick Reply: Rear Sway Bar Links and Bumpstops