Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear sway bar

Old 04-19-2014, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear sway bar

On a 2.5" puck lift do you need longer swaybar links for the rear. Some kits come with rear some don't?

Keep Calm and Chive On
Old 04-20-2014, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

My best suggestion is to put the lift on and then see how it feels. Flex and check clearances etc and then make a decision.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rear sway bar should be a -3 degrees

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 04-20-2014, 07:13 AM
jpn
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DannyMalkin
My best suggestion is to put the lift on and then see how it feels. Flex and check clearances etc and then make a decision.
This....then check angle.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:19 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

The answer depends on your set up. If you are running a lift with the factory shocks without extentions there is no benifit to running longer sway bar links. Your sway bar will basiclly perform the same with factory links or 2.5" extended links.

Running longer travel shocks or shock extentions will allow your axle to droop farther and if are running too short a sway bar link, it will limit your down travel and have the potential to flip your track bar. I have never seen a rear track bar flip, I would think it would be due to the sway bar link hitting the brake caliper but I have seen it happen plenty of times on the front sway bar.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks,i will definitely get some longer rear links.

Keep Calm and Chive On
Old 04-20-2014, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
The answer depends on your set up. If you are running a lift with the factory shocks without extentions there is no benifit to running longer sway bar links. Your sway bar will basiclly perform the same with factory links or 2.5" extended links.

Running longer travel shocks or shock extentions will allow your axle to droop farther and if are running too short a sway bar link, it will limit your down travel and have the potential to flip your track bar. I have never seen a rear track bar flip, I would think it would be due to the sway bar link hitting the brake caliper but I have seen it happen plenty of times on the front sway bar.
I agree X2

Quick Reply: Rear sway bar