Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Sway (anti)

Old 06-10-2010, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Sway (anti)

Anyone run with no rear sway?

I ditched them on my old ZJ and WJ and never even missed them, even in off-camber/side hill situations. The rear bars were so soft they did very little.

I'm thinking of possibly doing the same.

Of course I understand over/under steer.

Let me know your thoughts and experience. Note: experiences with a 2dr doesn't count. Wheelbase and vehicle weight play a good role in overall handling. I'm not a race car and don't drive it like one.

Pardon typos, typed on iphone.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

i have a two door, are you sayin my opinion doesn't count?! hahaha
Old 06-10-2010, 08:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Ya know what? Bring it on. If you've got your .02 and a 2dr, lemme know!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by CerOf
Ya know what? Bring it on. If you've got your .02 and a 2dr, lemme know!
I installed our heavy duty rear sway bar. I gotta say it really helped the ride out. The semi's on the highway are not as scary as they once were.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My opinion is there are always those that seem to think they can out drive any situation and out drive the laws of physics. No problems with that sometime since we all put ourself in a little more 'danger' when lifting our rigs and such. If you don't feel a difference' then I don't see the point in removing it. It will do 'something' to benefit you in a emergency situation. Much? Probably not, but it's working on some part of keeping that Jeep level.

I leave mine on with no plans to remove it. My JK is washy enough to not feel the need to make it any worse. Jeep didn't spend $50 on 500,000 (or whatever) Wranglers "for no reason". Just my opinion!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
My opinion is there are always those that seem to think they can out drive any situation and out drive the laws of physics. No problems with that sometime since we all put ourself in a little more 'danger' when lifting our rigs and such. If you don't feel a difference' then I don't see the point in removing it. It will do 'something' to benefit you in a emergency situation. Much? Probably not, but it's working on some part of keeping that Jeep level.

I leave mine on with no plans to remove it. My JK is washy enough to not feel the need to make it any worse. Jeep didn't spend $50 on 500,000 (or whatever) Wranglers "for no reason". Just my opinion!
the heavy duty will solve that washy rear end feeling.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Full-Traction Suspension
the heavy duty will solve that washy rear end feeling.
Can't get one thing without affecting another with a sway bar, how is the flex? Understeer seem to be a little better with your bar? You guys disconnecting them on the trail?

Last edited by GoodysGotaCuda; 06-10-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Can't get one thing without affecting another with a sway bar, how is the flex? Understeer seem to be a little better with your bar? You guys disconnecting them on the trail?
it flexes great, No need to disconnect. It definetly reduces understeer and body roll.
http://www.full-traction.com/detail....TID=412&NOTES=

Send R8R ROK a pm. He runs one on his 4 door and is very happy with it.

sorry for the highjack CerOf.

Quick Reply: Rear Sway (anti)