Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Suspension Shifting

Old 02-05-2013, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear Suspension Shifting

Just installed my RK 2.5 lift and feels like the rear is shifting around. I had the same setup on my old JK and had no problems. Any idea what this could be from?
Old 02-05-2013, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who installed the lift. first thing that comes to mind is asking whether or not you torqued all the bolts to the proper setting while the jeep has all four tires and wheels on the ground.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
who installed the lift. first thing that comes to mind is asking whether or not you torqued all the bolts to the proper setting while the jeep has all four tires and wheels on the ground.
I did the install. I checked all the bolts a few times now and everything is still good.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Petromotion
Just installed my RK 2.5 lift and feels like the rear is shifting around. I had the same setup on my old JK and had no problems. Any idea what this could be from?

Which RK 2.5 lift do you have, the Stock Mod or the Max Travel?

If the rear is "shifting around" the trackbar keeps it from moving left to right and the control arms keep it from moving front to back (basically).

Check for bad/worn bushings in the control arms. They can let your rear shift around and all the bolts will torque properly.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Double check rear track bar bolts. Also, have a buddy push the side to make it sway left and right, look under and you should be able to see what is going on.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kaptkrappy
Which RK 2.5 lift do you have, the Stock Mod or the Max Travel?

If the rear is "shifting around" the trackbar keeps it from moving left to right and the control arms keep it from moving front to back (basically).

Check for bad/worn bushings in the control arms. They can let your rear shift around and all the bolts will torque properly.

The control arm bushings are brand new, its a 2013. I also just retorqued all the bolts.

Originally Posted by emiles1987
Double check rear track bar bolts. Also, have a buddy push the side to make it sway left and right, look under and you should be able to see what is going on.
Ill have to do this later today.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Loosen all the bolts. Jump up and down on the rear bumper.. then re torque everything

Quick Reply: Rear Suspension Shifting