Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rear springs bending...help fix

Old 01-28-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by couchpotato
thanks for the quick responses everybody. i will look into the brackets, since i dont plan on changing my lift at all should i just cut the old perches off and weld the new ones on? or is the bolt up versions better? and where did you get the spring retainers Renpia?
The bolt on version allows you the flexibility to change the perch angle should you change lifts in the future. If you don't foresee changing a lift or going to a bigger lift down the line, cut the old ones off and weld new ones on. The Teraflex weld-on perch comes with spring retainers. Or they're available separately as well - here's the one Northridge has. A few other brands are also available.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Rockrawler wedges fixed em on my tera 4in. Easy fix.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by couchpotato
where did you get the spring retainers Renpia?
Do a search for Spring Retainers. There are a few manufacturer's for rears. I only found one available for the front when I was looking for them last year. I forget the brand I bought, sorry. Do a search, I'm sure it will come up or there may be more options available by now.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the rk wedges. They definitely help ALOT with the spring bow. The only way to get the springs "perfect" is with new perches like the ones jks and teraflex make. But for $25 u can't beat the rk wedges!!!!

Jks also makes rear lower retainers. Currie makes upper and lower but more $$, and u can't run a spacer with them if u needed to for weight/sag.

Quick Reply: rear springs bending...help fix