Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rear spring shifted out of place - is this common?

Old 12-31-2008, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this issue with the TF 2.5 BB and the 9550 shocks .

They came unseated while the dealer was doing a service. I hadn't noticed and had to drive back to the dealer to have it corrected.

I don't have a solution as of yet. I was going to switch out for coils but apparently now that will not fix it either.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Those are pretty interesting pics.. Were they that loose when you first installed them? Could they have settled some?

I had a shop install them and they didn't mention anything about them being loose on the install. I imagine they could have settled some but I don't have any measurements to back it up.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Well.. No matter what.. Those coils shouldn't be loose when your JK is on a lift.. And I can see where the Currie spring retention kit would be stressed out.. Maybe Joe from Teraflex will have his engineers look into this issue and see what kind of solution is available..
Yes...I know Joe has been working internally at TeraFlex on this issue and I'm hoping to get this resolved soon so I'm not restricted to just street driving for very long
Old 12-31-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

Here is the top of the spring.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_026.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	17183  
Old 12-31-2008, 09:03 PM
JK Super Freak

I would add daystar 3/4 inch spacers, front and rear, to take up the slop and keep the rake, I believe they cost 40 bucks(you can double up the front spacers without any problems)!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

it is great that a lot of you guya have found different ways to fix this problem some cheap and some not so cheap. but aren't we getting away from the fact that we all bought this to be both a safe and comlete kit and not one that you have to buy at a later date to get more items in the kit included or you have to purchase items from another manufacturer to complete the kit and keep it safe, come on. joe is anice guy and yes his company does help pay the forum bills but when they pushed this kit before it came out it was supposed to be well thought out and complete. what happened?
Old 12-31-2008, 10:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=benmar2000;865880]That is why I am waiting on Teraflex to figure out a fix for this before I install my lift.. Since it is the holidays, it might take a little while to work on it.. Personally, I think it is either going to be shorter shocks or maybe some taller spring spacers.. [/QUOTE

well good luck, I waited around for over 3 months dicking around with the lean that I have and finally git pissed enough to buy another set of coils to try to fix it, springs arrived the other day, and still no rear spring bolt set up that was supposed to be included with the kit. I hope the help you better than they have me. it sucks everyone keeps telling me it looks like I have a flat or something
Old 01-01-2009, 01:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4LO
Become a real JEEPER and adjust the kit to fit your needs. If you're going to flex it out, figure out a way to limit it from pulling itself apart. If you installed a lift just to make your Jeep look cool, then you don't need to limit the travel.
JK is a new breed. Mostly DD's. Not hardcore flexxers.
A true Jeeper does not expect to have everything figured out for him/her. That would take the fun out of it. Here's your chance to be an engineer!
Though I agree with your sentiment, I love working on my jeep. I have to agree with everyone above in the fact that if I buy a piece of merchandise I expect it to do what it was advertised to do. I happen to have the TF 2.5" coil lift with the TF9550 shocks and am greatly pleased with it. Although mine seems to be the only one that came with 3/4 rear spacer/spring guide. Anyways my point is give TF a chance to make good on there product, alot of you bought from different vendors and who knows what they took out or swapped in your kits before selling them.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

become a real jeeper huh? fucking retard. my first vehicle was a left hand drive mail jeep. and then an old golden eagle. and yeah if I were a real jeeper I would still have one with leaf springs but since you and I are both fake jeepers with our coil set ups why don't you try to contribute to the conversation or stay the hell out. it is not about modifiying it to suit your personal needs and buy this part extra and that part extra it is about getting what was described, advertised and paid for. my jeep is a dd and it sees a lot of mud and off road. so any time you want to go out and play come on down and ill show you how much of a fake jeeper me and my wife are. ass clown. now back on topic can the person that has the included spacers please post a pic and a purchase date as well as the vendor that you received it from. I got the kit and the front and rear jks adjustable track bars for david at northridge in august. thanks!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<---------The guy that got the spacers with the kit!

I dont have pictures right now, I posted the TF website with a pic yesterday I think. In either case to answer your question I got mine from David and Northridge and ordered it the last week of Nov, cant remeber the day. As for pics if you all are still interested I am going to throw it on a lift tommorow to install the rear adj. trackbar (JKS) and a few other misc. things. I can post some pics of what the spacer looks like installed tomorrow afternoon/night.

Quick Reply: rear spring shifted out of place - is this common?