Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rear spring shifted out of place - is this common?

Old 12-30-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you contacted Teraflex yet?
Old 12-30-2008, 06:15 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HG97TJ
Is this common when flexing I did some light off-roading yesterday and while washing underneath I noticed the driver side rear coil was shifted off-center in the perch. The spring isolator is still in tact between the spring and perch. I'm taking it to my buddy's lift so I can re-seat the spring but was wondering if this has happened to anyone else especially those that do heavy flexing ??? I have the TeraFlex 2.5" coil kit.

That spacer at the top doesn't look right. Can you post/send me some better shots from the side. Is it flat on one side?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
That spacer at the top doesn't look right. Can you post/send me some better shots from the side. Is it flat on one side?

It's not a spacer...it's the stock isolator on top of the rear coil. I will try to get you a closer picture.

Last edited by HG07JKRubi; 12-30-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

Both of the rears on my rig slipped out of place and I have a full traction 2" with stock shocks. they have been reseated but I am watching them.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HG97TJ
It's not a spacer...it's the stock isolator on top of the rear coil. I will try to get you a closer picture.
Watching this thread. I just put on my coil lift and all I did was put in the coil and the stock isolator like you.

I did not get any spacer pucks or anything, I figured the isolator and the coil were all that was needed.

Hoping this is true.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Laughingstok
Watching this thread. I just put on my coil lift and all I did was put in the coil and the stock isolator like you.

I did not get any spacer pucks or anything, I figured the isolator and the coil were all that was needed.

Hoping this is true.
I have the TF 2.5" coil lift myself but mine came with additional spacers for the back that have a long portion on the bottom going throught the stock isolator and a small knob on top that locks into the hole on the top spring cup. Looks like it is not installed on your springs. If you didnt get it cantact TF as the whole purpose of the additional spacer is to prevent you spring from shifting like that.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:09 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
I have the TF 2.5" coil lift myself but mine came with additional spacers for the back that have a long portion on the bottom going throught the stock isolator and a small knob on top that locks into the hole on the top spring cup. Looks like it is not installed on your springs. If you didnt get it cantact TF as the whole purpose of the additional spacer is to prevent you spring from shifting like that.
My kit was purchased from Northridge4x4 back in August...and at that time there was no rear spacer included in the kit like you mentioned. Can you post a picture???
Old 12-30-2008, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

I would love to but it is installed on my Jeep...lol I will see if I can paste a picture from there site.

They are a site sponsor so this shouldnt be illegal....I hope.

http://www.teraflex.biz/products/jk-...ndividual.html
Old 12-30-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

I think mine was only 3/4 inch not the 1" but it looks the same. The back has a little raised section (about 1/4") that fits in the hole on the top spring cup.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
btw - how thick is the rear spacer? Sounds like adding rear spacers would return the factory rake which I got rid of with these springs in the first place... But I guess without them I run the risk of the rear coils falling out again

Quick Reply: rear spring shifted out of place - is this common?