Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear shocks as limiters???

Old 12-06-2011, 09:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear shocks as limiters???

My rear LT shocks cause my swaybar to hit the tire. Yes I have stock wheels and no wheel spacers
Can I just put two inch shorter shocks in? I'm running a 2.5" lift with 285/70/17 tires.

Doesn't a stock jeep use it's rear shocks as limiters already? I mean if the axle drops straight down the limiting factor is the shocks right? It can't be the swaybar because it's not twisting.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by troyboy
My rear LT shocks cause my swaybar to hit the tire. Yes I have stock wheels and no wheel spacers
Can I just put two inch shorter shocks in? I'm running a 2.5" lift with 285/70/17 tires.

Doesn't a stock jeep use it's rear shocks as limiters already? I mean if the axle drops straight down the limiting factor is the shocks right? It can't be the swaybar because it's not twisting.
Turns out the only way my swaybar hits the tire is if the axle drops straight down and I don't plan on jumping my jeep so I'm going to leave the setup as is.

Quick Reply: Rear shocks as limiters???