Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Shock Rubbing Brake Line

Old 04-16-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Shock Rubbing Brake Line

Rotated my tires and installed my TF disconnects today. Was greasing up the rear links and found that the right side flex line is rubbing on the shock housing. Its enough to take some of the paint off and a mark is visible. The left rear seems to have plenty of room and is not rubbing, but the right side has as distinct 'S' shape. Lightly bent the hard line bracket and moved the brake hose away from the shock, anyone else have this issue with rear brake lines and/or the relocation brackets?

FYI
*The rear brackets are not backwards and no
I have not had the brake caliper off, so the lines are not twisted*
Old 04-16-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

I took a short piece of rubber hose that had a hole the size of the outside diametef of the break line. Slit the hose and put it around the break line and then put about three zip ties around the outside of the rubber hose. I have had this on my JK since 2007 with no problems.....and it is a dirt cheap fix.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SLVR07
I took a short piece of rubber hose that had a hole the size of the outside diametef of the break line. Slit the hose and put it around the break line and then put about three zip ties around the outside of the rubber hose. I have had this on my JK since 2007 with no problems.....and it is a dirt cheap fix.
Similar fix here... using plastic wire loom on the brake line though instead of rubber hose. They have it at auto parts stores and home improvement stores. Cost about $3.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I thought about that fix when I had it in the air today but could only find a bit of coolant hose, too big of a diameter. Thanks for the info and looks like I'll be back under it tomorrow. Nice that it's raining out, NO yardwork...all JEEPWORK!!
Old 04-16-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PhantomRescue
Rotated my tires and installed my TF disconnects today. Was greasing up the rear links and found that the right side flex line is rubbing on the shock housing. Its enough to take some of the paint off and a mark is visible. The left rear seems to have plenty of room and is not rubbing, but the right side has as distinct 'S' shape. Lightly bent the hard line bracket and moved the brake hose away from the shock, anyone else have this issue with rear brake lines and/or the relocation brackets?

FYI
*The rear brackets are not backwards and no
I have not had the brake caliper off, so the lines are not twisted*
I was rotating my tires today and i seen the same problem on both sides in the rear. It was so bad it had started to flatten the two lines and took the all paint off the shock were it was touch en. Will do the extra hose cover tomorrow. love this site
Old 04-17-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SLVR07
Here is a pic of my simple fix.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Youri
How do you keep your suspension so clean, slvr07.
I paint it twice a year once in the spring and once just before the snow hits. I go to wallmart and buy the cheap satin black paint and you would not believe how well it holds up.

Quick Reply: Rear Shock Rubbing Brake Line