Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear shimmy

Old 08-13-2014, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear shimmy

Hi there, I just installed a lift Teraflex 2.5 inch lift on my JKUR. At about 80 mph I get a shimmy from my rear end. It only does it from 75-80 mph and then goes away. I installed 35 inch mud tires and like I said the 2.5 inch teraflex kit ( springs, Bilsteins, new front track bar, and the bracket for the rear track bar). Could the tires simply be unbalanced or should I look deeper? Everything is tight, no loose bolts or anything. It only happens at about 80 mph.

Any advice would be appreciated. I know it is not in the front because the steering wheel has no shimmy, only the body and the stick. The stick is shaking pretty violently during this time, but then settles down when I go below 75 and over 81.

Thank you,
Dave

Quick Reply: Rear shimmy