Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear seay bar link ibstall issue

Old 05-15-2012, 09:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear seay bar link ibstall issue

Bent a stock sway bar so I order some adjustables, they say to mount outboard of bracket and axle but if I do that they hit the tire. Inside I'm afraid they will hit the brake line even though it's kinda out of the way. Does it matter if they are mounted on the inside?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2436107172.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	317501

^ inside away from tire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2115877957.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	317503

^ this one isn't tightened but is pushed all the way on. If the when the track bar moves up with flex it will obviously rub the tire extensively.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:08 PM
JK Freak

wow my spelling from the phone was horrible.(sorry) Anyways after further searching on my computer it seems to be ok to run them on the inside. After looking at it again I dont think it will flex high enough to hit the brake line, and if it does it should just glance off of it.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GulfCoastJeeper
wow my spelling from the phone was horrible.(sorry) Anyways after further searching on my computer it seems to be ok to run them on the inside. After looking at it again I dont think it will flex high enough to hit the brake line, and if it does it should just glance off of it.
It shouldn't really matter either way in regards to being mounted inside or outside. It really comes down to whether or not it's going to come in contact with your tire, your brake line at the top (during suspension compression), or your lower shock mount under suspension travel. Unlike mine--your lower shock mount is such that you don't risk compressing the can so I wouldn't worry about that. So in the second photo, the only thing to keep an eye on would be the hard brake line directly above your sway bar. If it looks like you are going to hit that, then you might want to take a look at spacing your tires out further with wheel spacers and going with the outside mount in the first picture.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

Thanks. I'm not sure if it will get high enough to hit the brake line.ill probably just get some spacers and flip them outside just to be safe

Quick Reply: Rear seay bar link ibstall issue