Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Seatbelt Torx bolt problem

Old 07-19-2014, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Seatbelt Torx bolt problem

Im trying to remove the rear seat belt from the roll bar. Im using a T50 torx socket it starts backing out then it starts to skip. The T50 socket is the largest socket i have. It fits the rest if the seatbelt bolts fine. Is it supposed to make that skipping feeling? It does it on both drive and passenger side. Do i have the right size socket or is that a special bolt because its a seat belt? I have an 07 JKU. Any help
Old 07-19-2014, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I recall correctly I believe those are 55, if no one posts up beforehand I'll confirm this tomorrow. Those bolts have a good bit of lock tight on them so you want to have the right size or you'll end up striping it out.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:12 PM
JK Freak

aye if its skipping its because its a hair to small for the head, and they are lock tighted as shit so youll want to get a 55 before you stip the head completely. amazon had a set of 13 torx socket heads with something small up through 50 55 and 60 for $12 and change so i ordered myself that set with a master craft driver to fit them since i didnt have 1/4 inch anything on hand. under $25 total and i can remove every torx on the jeep if i want too when they arrive, hard top / doors / seat belt ones to mess with roll bars ect. Neiko 10071A Professional-Grade Torx Bit T-Socket Set, 13-Piece - - Amazon.com is the set, the price bumped up since i ordered it but its still a good little set according to reviews.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

The seatbelt bolts use a torx plus socket.it should say tp50. Not t50. Sometimes you can get it out with a t50.
These sockets are not sold everywhere.you can get them from cornwell tools or on amazon

Quick Reply: Rear Seatbelt Torx bolt problem