Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear seat Question.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear seat Question.

I've got a two door. I need space in the compartment to mount my powertank and toolbox. I'm wondering if the split fold seats from the four door can be removed independantly of each other, and if not if they could be modded to do so. Finally, if I could install just a single 40 percent rear seat for my son on occasion, it would free up half of the rear for my offroad stuff. Any creative thoughts, advice or otherwise would be appreciated.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wings fan

You will run into a lot of problems trying to do this. The 4 door seats mount in front of the rear wheels. Where as the 2 door seats mount on top of the rear wheels so the cushion of the seat on the 2 door is much narrower than the backs. Trying to put the 40% from a 4 door in a 2 door would take up more than half of your floor space and you would be left with a major gap between the back of the seat and the window. Also the way the 2 door seats attach to the floor I believe are very different.

In the end if you were able to accomplish it the all seats are designed to pass side and front impact crash testing for their specific applications. I you alter that you will end up with a seat that is not safe.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:46 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet there will be aftermarket half seat become avialable eventually. I know they make them for the TJ. I really don't care if the seat if safe or not for myself. You could probably modify the 4door seat to work if you really wanted to. Have you considered tho how much money a 4door rear seat will cost you from Jeep?

Quick Reply: Rear seat Question.