Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Rubicon Locker broke

Old 01-15-2009, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any dealer buddys that can track down a part number for just the magnet? I have had no luck with any of my local dealers.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:42 PM
JK Super Freak

When mine died, they had to replace the whole locker under warranty
Old 01-15-2009, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKDoc
I am glad, in retrospect, that Mopar jacked up the price on the Rubi axles. I'm putting in OX Lockers. No switch, no magnet, all mechanical. If the repair cost is significant, I'd put those gears on a different carrier from ARB, Eaton, or OX USA.
From what I can tell there is no other carrier available for the JK Rubicon Dana 44. The Sahara Dana 44 carrier is supposed to be different and not just the axle spline.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:29 PM
JK Newbie

I am sharing exactly the same problem here, having a Rubicon JK out of warranty (long story) and cannot find the magnet which was diagnosed as the faulty part not pushing all the way to engage the lockers on both rear and front lockers.

The factory complete replacement is as expensive ranging 700-800$ each and they might break again,,,,,,, After market is still not available for RUBICON models, ARB and OX are still under development stage, even have contacted Eaton with no luck so far...

Been suffering from this issue looking around for more than four months now with no luck.

Any help is highly appreciated.

akhaiwi@eim.ae
Old 03-02-2009, 04:27 AM
JK Newbie

i would say wait it out for an ARB or OX for sure as i seem to think those are the best.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had both my lockers repaired by a shop in NJ, he got the parts from Jeep, so they do sell parts separately. The guys who did the repairs used to work for jeep and really knew their jeeps. I think you really just need to find a parts guy that knows what he is doing

pic of some of the parts replaced
Old 03-02-2009, 07:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by squirrel80
Should be the thick round metal ring with the black square and wires coming out of it. This is a picture I have of my front from a while ago, but the locker looks the same.

Your gear marking look perfect.

I have check with both my connection to chrysler and moparpartsamerica.com and both only list the carrier and its 127.20.

Quick Reply: Rear Rubicon Locker broke