Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Plate Cover

Old 01-31-2011, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Plate Cover

Just wondering if anyone has installed part # 55397112AA, rear plate cover? This is the Mopar part for covering the void when you remove the rear plate bracket assembly. Not sure if there is just a hole there, as I have not received the part yet, and have not taken off the bracket assembly as of yet. Also, I would assume you need to have this part painted to match your JK, correct? The part is backordered until the end of February, but just trying to get a jump on what I need to do.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:24 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

it's just a small black piece of plastic that you plug into the hole. you don't even need to paint it as it's made of the same material as your fenders.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Pretty simple just pop it in and your done.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

I painted mine to match my jeep , looks really clean that way... I have also painted a few for members here...
Old 01-31-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the responses. I want to relocate the rear license plate as I think it looks crummy on one side of the JK.

Quick Reply: Rear Plate Cover