Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Pinion Angle

Old 11-01-2011, 03:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best response i have found is make sure your pinion is at the same angle as your DS for a stock shaft. Within a deg or two of it at least and should be fine....unless someone can counter that (please due i am still learning) i am running with that
Old 11-01-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going out on a limb here but if you have a teraflex lift and are installing teraflex rear upper control arms I bet if you reach out to them they can give you an estimate of how long to make your arms so that your joint lines up straight with your shaft (ok that sounded a little gay but whatever ). They have some pretty good customer service over there. When you find out please post cause im curious as well
Old 11-01-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
It has diagrams in the tech info area. One for a two-joint driveshaft, and one for double cardans (single joint at one end and a double joint at the other). I have assumed that the stock rzeppa driveshafts would use the two-joint chart, since that is the orientation of the pinion/tcase output from the factory. Is this incorrect?
The write up explains that is a shaft with two U joints. We have two CV joints. Apparently the answer is to use an angle that wont tear the CV joint seal. Alternatively, buy a shaft with Double Cardan type cv joints. I am going to split the difference between the forward joint and the aft joint and run it until failure.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i called Teraflex.

Quick Reply: Rear Pinion Angle