Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear passenger coil spring

Old 10-15-2021, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear passenger coil spring

Hello guys neww to the formJkur 14 , ls3 and alot of mods
SO since i had coil over i had the same issue that my car is lowered 2 inches on the rear passenger side, so i had to add 2 inches rubber . Even if my gas tank is empty , its the same thing . When it was a coil over. I was raisaing the rear right 2 inch more . The shock is also full open.
Maybe thats why i feel the steering darty and float on the highway . 2.50 inches rkLong arms teraflex .
Old 10-16-2021, 12:17 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Let me make sure that my understanding of what I read above is correct: When the Jeep is leveled (by the rubber spacer you inserted), the shock on the passenger rear is fully extended, but the shock on the driver rear is not? That doesn't sound right at all. I mean, something is seriously amiss. Bent or wrong part maybe? I have no idea. As for the flighty steering (which you may have correctly said is due to this other problem): Who did the alignment and what specs did they use? If they used factory specs for that lift, you might discuss with them adjusting the caster a bit to improve the steering feel. This is a common issue with lifted Jeeps adjusted for OEM front caster specs.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended shock

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Let me make sure that my understanding of what I read above is correct: When the Jeep is leveled (by the rubber spacer you inserted), the shock on the passenger rear is fully extended, but the shock on the driver rear is not? That doesn't sound right at all. I mean, something is seriously amiss. Bent or wrong part maybe? I have no idea. As for the flighty steering (which you may have correctly said is due to this other problem): Who did the alignment and what specs did they use? If they used factory specs for that lift, you might discuss with them adjusting the caster a bit to improve the steering feel. This is a common issue with lifted Jeeps adjusted for OEM front caster specs.
Not only the shock is fully extended , rear driver doesn't has spacer , passenger rear has 2" . I've done alingment in several shops , even when it was coil over the rear passenger is raised up full extended. Rear passenger is very hard when driving ,but the driver side is soft and perfect.

Quick Reply: Rear passenger coil spring