Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear locker won't disengage

Old 01-27-2010, 08:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish that backing up would have resolved the issue. Drove for 4 days (forwards and back) and still no resolve.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Same happened to me, so I had it towed to a dealership and they covered it under warranty. They said that if it ever sticks again that all I need to do is dissengage my e-locker manually. This can be done by removing the fill plug and inserting a small screwdriver, then sliding the "thingamajiggy" to the side. No pics or additional details...sorry. Also, never never never drive on pavement with your locker (especially the front) engaged. This will create a huge problem in trying to get a failed locker covered under warranty.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
Same happened to me, so I had it towed to a dealership and they covered it under warranty. They said that if it ever sticks again that all I need to do is dissengage my e-locker manually. This can be done by removing the fill plug and inserting a small screwdriver, then sliding the "thingamajiggy" to the side. No pics or additional details...sorry. Also, never never never drive on pavement with your locker (especially the front) engaged. This will create a huge problem in trying to get a failed locker covered under warranty.
Did they tell you it would cause a warranty issue, or did you assume? Personally I'd drive on a locked rear, i've had welded diffs before. Prolly not the front though!

Curious on how that was said is all.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Did they tell you it would cause a warranty issue, or did you assume? Personally I'd drive on a locked rear, i've had welded diffs before. Prolly not the front though!

Curious on how that was said is all.
I assumed that had I driven with the lockers engaged, then there could have been a warranty issue. Why take a chance on driving 60 miles with a locker that won't disengage, break something, then have to fight with the dealership? Besides, that's why I pay for tow insurance.

Quick Reply: Rear locker won't disengage