Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Lights - Rigid Tail Light Mount & Light

Old 12-12-2013, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rear Lights - Rigid Tail Light Mount & Light

I am looking into adding the Rigid Rear Tail Light bracket (http://www.rigidindustries.com/mount...ions/40311)and Rigid SR-M (http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-l...d_optics%3A102) light to my JKU. Would you go with the flood or diffused light?

Anybody have these and if so how do you like them? How did you wire them (sPod, reverse light, etc.)?
Old 12-12-2013, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have flood SR-M sitting in my garage. I got the floods because I didn't see diffused on Baseline4x4's website. They do have diffused but you might have to call. I haven't installed mine yet - waiting on an sPOD. Baseline was offering 20% off Rigid a feww weeks ago with the discount code RIGID fyi
Old 12-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MAG00
I am looking into adding the Rigid Rear Tail Light bracket (http://www.rigidindustries.com/mount...ions/40311)and Rigid SR-M (LED Lighting | Rigid Industries LED Lighting) light to my JKU. Would you go with the flood or diffused light?

Anybody have these and if so how do you like them? How did you wire them (sPod, reverse light, etc.)?
The Rigid Tail Light Mounts are a super clean way to mount auxiliary reverse lights on a JK. I really like the look and the function of the mounts. I think the Rigid Diffusion Lights would probably throw light around better and be a better reverse light.

I would go ahead and tap a activate a relay with the factory reverse circuit but power them with a fused 12V from the battery. You can usually get away without a relay when working with LED's but I would feel more comfortable running one personally. You can also have a switch on the dash that triggers the relay as well. That's how I have my reverse lights wired, with two options.

I'll shoot you the forums discount code in a PM now. Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Ryan
Old 12-12-2013, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XTRyan
The Rigid Tail Light Mounts are a super clean way to mount auxiliary reverse lights on a JK. I really like the look and the function of the mounts. I think the Rigid Diffusion Lights would probably throw light around better and be a better reverse light.

I would go ahead and tap a activate a relay with the factory reverse circuit but power them with a fused 12V from the battery. You can usually get away without a relay when working with LED's but I would feel more comfortable running one personally. You can also have a switch on the dash that triggers the relay as well. That's how I have my reverse lights wired, with two options.

I'll shoot you the forums discount code in a PM now. Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Ryan
The link you provided for the light is a dually. Would you go with the dually or the SR-M light?
Old 12-12-2013, 09:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MAG00
The link you provided for the light is a dually. Would you go with the dually or the SR-M light?
They don't make the tail light bracket for the dually anymore - it got in the way of the soft top. SR-M or SR-Q are the way to go(2 LED vs 4LED)
Old 12-13-2013, 06:18 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by etl330
They don't make the tail light bracket for the dually anymore - it got in the way of the soft top. SR-M or SR-Q are the way to go(2 LED vs 4LED)
You are correct. The Rigid Rear Light Mounts work with the SR-M, SR-M2, SR-Q or SR-Q2 lights only. Sorry for the confusion!

Quick Reply: Rear Lights - Rigid Tail Light Mount & Light