Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear JKS Trackbar rubbing on Tereflex Coil

Old 01-14-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just noticed that same issue on my JK - the JKS rear trackbar is rubbing on the RC 4" Coil, and I have the Teraflex UCA. Will be installing a new Coast 1310 Rear DS next week and was wondering if the Rock Krawler Wedges would still work in this situation or am I better off going with the JKS Spring relocators?
Old 01-14-2011, 11:53 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by planman
...Even better than the wedges or JKS relocators are the Teraflex rear lower weld-on perches.
That is the one I was looking for... I know I'd seen somewhere the perches that can be welded on but couldn't recollect which brand it was. Since I'll be changing to a Tera 4" Kit soon, I might just go with those. I had my reservations on the JKS U-bolts eventually working loose or something. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default coils

U can also try spinning your coils around. some of the coils balloon like the OE's which helps them rub the trackbar. the straight coils usually have no issues with rubbing. Turing the coils around can also reduce the bowing effect, so this may just solve your problem. Make sure the end of the coil is towards the front of the vehicle, and not the rear of the coil perch, u may be surprised, you can probably get 10mm more clearance (less bowing) from this exercise.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The TeraFlex rear Forged HD Trackbar is curved for better coil clearance
Old 01-14-2011, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

lets us know how it turns out
Old 03-01-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by planman
...Even better than the wedges or JKS relocators are the Teraflex rear lower weld-on perches.
Thanks for the heads up . Went with the Teraflex weld-on perches and it fixed the issue.

Quick Reply: Rear JKS Trackbar rubbing on Tereflex Coil