Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear JKS Trackbar rubbing on Tereflex Coil

Old 02-06-2010, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear JKS Trackbar rubbing on Tereflex Coil

I installed my TF 2.5" coil lift two weeks ago and just re-torqued all the bolts. In the process I noticed that my new adj. JKS rear trackbar is barely rubbing the right rear TF coil spring. Specifically it is the nut on the trackbar that is rubbing the coil.

Sorry for the large pictures, how do y'all do the little thumbnails that link to the large pictures

Picture 1 where the nut is rubbing the coil.

Looking straight up, I have about 1/4" clearance between the trackbar and the coil. I tried to highlight the edge of the coil, but my photoshop skills are non-existent.

Do yall think this will be a problem long term, and what should I do about it?

Last edited by MoridinTX; 02-06-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:48 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get the Rockrawler spring wedges, you put them between the coil and lower mount and it'll straighten your spring.http://www.rockkrawler.com/pages/cat...p?r_itemID=247
Old 02-06-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Get the Rockrawler spring wedges, you put them between the coil and lower mount and it'll straighten your spring.http://www.rockkrawler.com/pages/cat...p?r_itemID=247
Thanks for that info! When you use these, do I replace the factory spring isolators with these, or add these to the existing isolators?
Old 02-06-2010, 07:05 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those go on the bottom of the spring, not the top, your factory iso is on top. These go on the axle pad.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Those go on the bottom of the spring, not the top, your factory iso is on top. These go on the axle pad.
Excellent, thanks for the info
Old 02-06-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

u dont happen to have adj. rear controls arms? i had the same problem with my 2.5 and my jks trac bar and it was becaz my axle was pushed to far back even with my control arms adjusted all the way in.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:38 PM
JK Freak

I went with the JKS spring re locators they work really well and they allow for precise adjustability.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoridinTX
I installed my TF 2.5" coil lift two weeks ago and just re-torqued all the bolts. In the process I noticed that my new adj. JKS rear trackbar is barely rubbing the right rear TF coil spring. Specifically it is the nut on the trackbar that is rubbing the coil.

Pics and text removed ...

Sorry for the large pictures, how do y'all do the little thumbnails that link to the large pictures

Do yall think this will be a problem long term, and what should I do about it?

In general, any type of suspension interference issue is going to be a problem in the short or long term. What may appear to be barely rubbing in a static position can be a major inteference problem when the suspension flexes.

I think you've gotten a couple of good solutions to your problem.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sktdarkstar8
u dont happen to have adj. rear controls arms? i had the same problem with my 2.5 and my jks trac bar and it was becaz my axle was pushed to far back even with my control arms adjusted all the way in.
Alas, I did not get the adj. control arms for front or rear. I did not think they were necessary.

Originally Posted by ElovesC
I went with the JKS spring re locators they work really well and they allow for precise adjustability.
Thanks for the information on those. I was not aware JKS sold those either.

Thanks for all the suggestions everone
Old 02-07-2010, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

I use the Teraflex rear axle bracket and the stock track bar, no rubbing. I had rubbing with the JKS rear track bar.

Quick Reply: Rear JKS Trackbar rubbing on Tereflex Coil