Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Expedition One Bumper Vibration

Old 05-12-2013, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I found on mine that one or more flat washers were called for to make final height adjustment and avoid the clamped down appearance you refer to.. My washer is on the bottom. The two aluminum spacers are both at the top. I have tried several combinations and this works best for me.
I do not get any visible movement of my spare tire/wheel while driving, but on some bumps you can hear things creaking a bit. The rear door does "oil can" a bit (front to back bounce) if you close it too fast, so I always take care to close it with least effort necessary. Adjusting the rear door latch can be a big help too.
I recently readjusted my bumper according to the Exp-One instructions, and then put a torque wrench to the mounting bolts. That did help quite a bit, but the bumper bolts can be a bear to get at, so have patience.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1998330076.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	457136

Last edited by HankFard; 05-12-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear Expedition One Bumper Vibration