Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear end vibrabtion over bumps...

Old 08-03-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear end vibrabtion over bumps...

Yea, i got that exactly. I have a rear Detroit auto locker and a 2.5" TF lift. I notice that after i hit some bumps on the road, i get a vibration, almost like an "echo" of the initial bump. I know it's coming from the rear. I can also hear something rattling back there when i go slowly over some rough pavement. I've looked under and can't figure it out. It seems like it's a suspension issue, since other than hitting a bump, he's fine. I don't know if maybe it's a spring a tie rod end or something like that. If i grab the tire and rock it side to side, i can create the sound of something loose. But i can't find it and i don't know if its even related, cause i've heard this for awhile. but never had any issues with the ride of the jeep. I've never had any issues with the rear end of the jeep! Can you guys give me some suggestions on what to look for before i take it to the 4x4 shop? I can fix anything, i'm just clueless here....
Old 08-03-2011, 07:24 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

check to make sure that your rear track bar bolts are tightend to 125 ft lbs of torque. if you have a relocation bracket, make sure that the mounting bolts for it are tight too.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks bud! That's a good start!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

ok, well, bolts were tight, bushing is bad, at least on one side.... Do i have to buy a whole new link or can i just replace the bushing?

Quick Reply: Rear end vibrabtion over bumps...