Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear end squeaks only when i have a passenger

Old 03-08-2012, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I installed longer rear sway bar links and moved the rear to the front. It still squeaks. But not as bad.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE="Sirisa0408"]

I'm hoping it goes away after the rear sway is lifted back to stock position. I love rc products and so do all my buds. If it wasn't made right, it wouldn't be sold. And on top of that, they are a huge company.[/QUOTE

Get ALL your buds over and bounce the jeep with some weight in the back and see if you hear anything. Does it squeek when you it a bump?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just throwing it out there, in case you check everything else, and cannot figure out what's squeaking...and with a budget boost lift, you probably didn't even have to loosen the control arms, but I developed a squeak a while back, that would occur when I let on & off the throttle, hit bumps, etc...etc...(anything that torqued the rear end & rear control arms), and it turned out to be a bad lower control arm bushing. Since yours are still stock, that's very unlikely, though. Basically, just make sure the rear control arms are torqued to 125 ft lbs. if you want to check them, I laid under mine, and began rocking it forwards and backwards with my foot pushing on the tire, and saw the control arm shifting between the mounting tabs.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 AM
JK Junkie

Also when you installed the lift did you tighten everything down with the weight of the jeep on the ground? If not something could be binding.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigf350sd
Just throwing it out there, in case you check everything else, and cannot figure out what's squeaking...and with a budget boost lift, you probably didn't even have to loosen the control arms, but I developed a squeak a while back, that would occur when I let on & off the throttle, hit bumps, etc...etc...(anything that torqued the rear end & rear control arms), and it turned out to be a bad lower control arm bushing. Since yours are still stock, that's very unlikely, though. Basically, just make sure the rear control arms are torqued to 125 ft lbs. if you want to check them, I laid under mine, and began rocking it forwards and backwards with my foot pushing on the tire, and saw the control arm shifting between the mounting tabs.
I will check the control arms. I didn't loosen them but I will dbl check on them
Old 03-08-2012, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Biggy
Also when you installed the lift did you tighten everything down with the weight of the jeep on the ground? If not something could be binding.
I tightened it all up with it jacked up and then dbl checked it a week later.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Junkie

You should really back off anything that you tightened down. Do this while the jeep is on the ground. Shake the jeep around a bit to get it all settled and then torque everything down.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I loosened a few bolts and lowered it back to the ground let it settle and tightened everything back up on the ground. Still squeaks. Any more clues on what it might be? Would it be the rear track bar?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know what fixed it... But I took it on the trails and maxed out my flex with sways still connected and some reason it doesn't squeak. I'm thinking it just needed breaking in. Thanks for all the help guys

Quick Reply: Rear end squeaks only when i have a passenger