Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear end squeaks only when i have a passenger

Old 03-04-2012, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump it for help please. I am confused on what to get
Old 03-04-2012, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Hello, I just installed the same lift yesterday and it squeaks as well. I did a little digging around and I think it comes from the brake lines rubbing against the traction bar/sway bar links. Check and see if your brake lines are touching anything. I am going to try to reposition mine today after church. I will update and let you know how it goes.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Drewrox
Hello, I just installed the same lift yesterday and it squeaks as well. I did a little digging around and I think it comes from the brake lines rubbing against the traction bar/sway bar links. Check and see if your brake lines are touching anything. I am going to try to reposition mine today after church. I will update and let you know how it goes.
Did you install the break line brackets? I didn't because I was told it didn't need them. I checked my break lines and they are free from touching everything
Old 03-04-2012, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm curious as to why some people say this is due to the manufacturer itself, RC. Is it an incomplete kit? Is it poor quality parts...and if so what makes them lesser quality than another?

I'm about to install a Terraflex 2.5" Budget Boost (with shock extenders) and want to be sure I'm making the right choice and avoiding issues like this too.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I hear a lot of people smack talking rc. I got a complete kit. And I have had many many friends purchase rc and never had problems. And all I added was a spacer lift so I still have the stock rubicon springs and shocks. Other then the squeak I am very satisfied with it
Old 03-04-2012, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same thing on my 2.5 inch RC Lift. Check the rear brake lines. My metal fittings were rubbing against the sway bar making a terrible squeak.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

And just for the record. I dont think RC makes a bad product. Mine Jeep rides and handles very nice. I think alot of guys (like me) get a Jeep and start out want to do the least expensive things to do wheels/tires/left etc. Then you get more interested in wheeling and learn from guys who know about this stuff only to find out its better to spend you money wisely the first time.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Danny4652
I had the same thing on my 2.5 inch RC Lift. Check the rear brake lines. My metal fittings were rubbing against the sway bar making a terrible squeak.
I will definitely check that. Did you get longer links for the sway bar?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wi definitely check that. Did you change the sway bar links to longer ones
Old 03-04-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Good I hope this is the issue. Going to try to fix it now. I'll be back with an update.

And yes I did install the brake line extension brackets. I figured since they came with the kit I might as well. I'll see what I can back with.

Quick Reply: Rear end squeaks only when i have a passenger