Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rear driveshaft removal?

Old 08-04-2011, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rear driveshaft removal?

Does anyone have any tricks to getting a stock driveshaft to pop out of the rear differential? I'm having a bitch of a time with this thing.

Thanks in advance,
Vinny
Old 08-04-2011, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at post #52

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ter-Lift/page6
Old 08-05-2011, 03:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't have a punch to do that method, hit the outside of the yolk with a soft face hammer while spinning it with your other hand. The vibration will break the rust loose and it should pop out. If that dosent do it grab a normal hard faced hammer and give her a few whacks. Same concept as an impact driver basically.

Whenever I have to pull a trans or do something were drive shafts have to come out and it is a CV style, the hammer never fails.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the suggestions. I am hitting it with a hammer, both on the shaft itself and on a bolt I stuck in that unthreaded hole down there, but it's impossible to get any leverage on it. Soooooooo frustrating!!!!!

Quick Reply: rear driveshaft removal?