Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Door Vent

Old 03-29-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reason I asked is I changed the tire carrier and also removed the stock third brake light.
Am curious if I need to get a cover from PS.?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vent Covers

Do any or all of these covers have "stand-offs" where they bolt/rivet onto the gate? They would place the cover away from the vent flaps; so that the flaps can open as intended?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the poison Spyder Tramp stamp and then mounted the ORO Third Brake light were the bolts are for the license plate frame. I did not use the rivets but instead used my old spare tire carrier as a template and drilled out the existing bolt holes. I did not see the need to leave holes open and put new ones in. I did use a Nut Riveter to put the ORO third brake light in so that if I wanted to move my license plate to the center I could just bolt it on.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dirty Tramp Stamp.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	143313

Last edited by Erockhopper; 03-29-2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: to add picture

Quick Reply: Rear Door Vent