Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rear diff cover suggestions

Old 08-30-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going with ARBs and was waiting to move cash over to buy them when I stumbled onto a half price sale on "Solid" covers, $65 each end so I got both front & rear for less $ than a single ARB piece. I don't really slam my JK, very mild off road so even the stocker I tossed a month ago (ARGH!) woulda been fine IMO.

https://www.solidaxle.com/ProductCar...p?idCategory=7

I still don't know how the G2 cover cracked the way it did. Looks like it stress cracked to me? A "V" shaped crack at the top, not a dent or a scratch on it???
Old 08-30-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Super Freak

I just installed front and rear riddler covers. They are really thick steel and have no edges to catch rocks. Arb's are nice, but cost twice what these did. And my friend has them on his jeep and they get hung up sometimes. And I don't like red under my jeep.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2908749659.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	204395  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wecf
If your looking for something strong you need to be looking at plate steel instead of alu. or "ductile steel" (cast I believe). Go check out Ruff Stuff. If you don't your going to buy something inferior and more expensive. 3/8 plate steel is WAY stronger than anything else proposed on this thread. I paid around $110 for mine.
A TeraFlex D44 cover retails for $99.99 vs. the Ruff Stuff is $115.00, so TeraFlex is cheaper. So far no one has broken a TeraFlex ductile steel diff cover.
3/8" ductile steel cast yields at about 45,000 psi vs. 3/8" plate steel yields at about 36,600 psi. Now both come in several variations.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	jk rear.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	204473

Anyone seen damage like this before? The top is to the left, sorry it loaded like that. Not a dent or scratch on it, the wedge tore upward out from the bolt.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I sent G2 the pic above with a note and already recieved an email requesting my address so they can send me a new one under warranty. Said it was a strange break, I agree! At least they stand behind their covers. I'm upgrading to the iron ones I ordered anyway.

Quick Reply: rear diff cover suggestions