Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Corner Armor

Old 12-11-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Corner Armor

I am thinking about getting some rear corner armor for the JKU. I have seen a few on Quadratec, and i have $200 gift certificate there (too bad they are theives when it comes to shipping).

Anyhow....

How safe are these pieces? The one I am thinking about is self adhesive. Is there a possiblility of damage to the body underneath these pieces of armor? Will paint fade if water gets in? What kind of seal will i get with these pieces?

If i ever get tired of the look, i might want to remove them?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Evan
Old 12-11-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Im assuming your talking about plastic ones? You did say self adhesive. What's the point of getting them if they are plastic?
Old 12-11-2011, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think they're more suited for cover-up duty then prevention. After you ding it, you cover it back up with stick-ons.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arasco85
Im assuming your talking about plastic ones? You did say self adhesive. What's the point of getting them if they are plastic?
Im sure the purist jeep drivers won't want to hear this, but i am looking for those rear corner armor more for looks.

I live on Long Island and don't get much of a chance to go off road...it's not allowed.

Last edited by evan631; 12-11-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Junkie

they will collect water and muck behind them and most likely sand and dirt which will eventually leave marks on the paint when you choose to take them off? I get that you want the look, but go the extra mile and get the AEV ones since if you do wheel they'll be there for the protection that was intended.

Quick Reply: Rear Corner Armor