Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

(rear control arm kits upper and lower) alighnment on a zone 4" suspension lift

Old 08-14-2012, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (rear control arm kits upper and lower) alighnment on a zone 4" suspension lift

the suspension lift was installed roughly around thanksgiving with a hard pull right however after a checked alighnment and dual steering stabilizer ther was nothing left to be done. months passed and the family decided to take the jeep to another shop alighnment had discover the toe to be severly offcenterd and the caster as well the caster though is beyond adjustable fix without the addition of upper and lower control arms. After some research i am still unaware of where to turn adjustable or fixed what companies etc.. Zone offrroad doesnt sell any control arm kits for the 4" lift i was then directed to bds a sister company where i was advised a 3" bds control arm kit will do the trick. something to me just sounds fishy a control arm kit for a 3" lift on a 4" lift i feel as if they are making a make shift product for something they do not have. the other option was an adjustable control arm kit which due to my area was not advised because of its ability to corrude over extended time a product life span estimated to be just under a year. reccomendations will be appreciated quickly would be preferred however the caster is not wearing any tread so it is not a quick fix.

rig information a zone 4" lift kit with adjustable track bars and extended rear sway bars
tires are toyo open country m/t 35x12.5r20 i do know of tendancies to pull right but that happens to not be the problem here

once again thank you for your time advice reccomendations and expeirencies
Old 08-14-2012, 12:49 PM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rock Krawler sells nicely priced adjustable control arms.

I think you can get away with adjusting thr caster with just the lower front arms, if money is an issue.

As for life span you can buy new joints for the arms but I'm sure they'll last much more than a year.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EzK
Rock Krawler sells nicely priced adjustable control arms.

I think you can get away with adjusting thr caster with just the lower front arms, if money is an issue.

As for life span you can buy new joints for the arms but I'm sure they'll last much more than a year.
so you feel that adjustable would ultimately be the better way to go and solve the caster more definatley rather than stretching a 3" sister company in a 4" lift?
Old 08-14-2012, 02:17 PM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd 100% go with adjustable arms to get everything dialed in.

That said, my Jeep has 3-3.5" of front lift with factory arms and it drives decently. A bit twitchy but I can deal for now.

Btw it's odd that the toe was badly off. When lifting that doesn't change.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the input I'm starting to slant more and more towards adjustable however what brand should i go with any reviews horror stories do's and don'ts i want to look for a brand that will last and get the most performance out of money isn't an issue at this point.

Quick Reply: (rear control arm kits upper and lower) alighnment on a zone 4" suspension lift