Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Bumper With Winch?

Old 10-06-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Bumper With Winch?

There's a bumper out there that has a compartment for a winch. I'm not talking about the olympic smuggler, it was another one. Help me out guys haha!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

River Raider Offroad

Benchmark Designs
Old 10-06-2011, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Benchmark Designs has a cool looking rear winch bumper but if you do a search for it here on the forum there isnt many people that have had a good experience with it
Old 10-06-2011, 02:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by batherton87
Benchmark Designs has a cool looking rear winch bumper but if you do a search for it here on the forum there isnt many people that have had a good experience with it
X2...It's not just their rear bumper, it's the company in general. Do yourself a favor and cross them off your list.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also want to run a rear mounted winch, but don't need a bumper. I wish someone would make a rear winch mount plate to weld or bolt up once you do an exhaust relocate like the dynomax.

I know someone on here did a dyi on this, but I would prefer some sort of kit rather than build from scratch deal since I am no fabricator...
Old 10-06-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ah man that sucks.. I was liking the benchamrk designs bumper too. Why such a bad reputation? The Mount kit would be a cool idea too!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just read the thread concerning Benchmark Designs.. wow.. Looks like the owner is trying to recify things, and if I take my chances ordering, I'm going to directly contact him. Took some balls to admit he was at fault in public and I admire that. But only time and actions will tell if that company is going to survive. I hope it does cause that rear bumper has it all: jack mount, tire carrier, cb mount, winch mount, d rings. :(
Old 10-06-2011, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

I think Jeeperman makes one too?
Old 10-06-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MOKOS
I think Jeeperman makes one too?
Yes they do. Its a really nice bumper too. Nice and simple.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Didn't realize how helpful a rear bumper could be until our club's last run. Most everyone has a front winch so it never much matters about the guy behind you since he can hook up with his own winch. But, on this run we had a new member who has a stocker JK with no winch. He ended up getting stuck a half dozen times along the way but what worked out great was that the guy in front of him has both front and rear winches so he could use his rear winch to pull the guy forward when needed and I could hook up to his rear with mine for the couple times that we needed to pull him backward off a rock. Worked out great. If I had the money I'd get a second but that would be $$$$.

Quick Reply: Rear Bumper With Winch?