Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear bumper w/tire carrier, front bumper advice needed

Old 01-22-2011, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Final Decision!

Wanted to post the photos of the new bumpers I chose for my JK. The rear bumper and tire carrier is from Expedition One and I have to thank roadking54 for the suggestion to have them powder coat the hinge cover and the D-rings. So nice to get rid of the squeaks from the tailgate due to the spare 35" on the stock carrier.
The front bumper is an AEV Premium Bumper, with IPF 7" fog lights. No winch. Yet. There appear to be no issues with the finishes - they look identical to me.
Bought from Northridge 4 x 4 and installed locally here in San Antonio by INXS Auto and Truck Accessories.
One more thing - I also bought the 3rd brake light kit from E1 and the guys at INXS came up with a sweet mod - they cut out part of the plastic center hub cap on my MT rims so that when I step on the brakes, the light shines right through.
Thanks again to all who posted their advice and input. Hope this helps someone else down the line.

Ed
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0490.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	120281Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0493.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	120283Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0494.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	120284Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0502.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	120297Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0497.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	120298

Last edited by fasteddiesa; 01-22-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear bumper w/tire carrier, front bumper advice needed