Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear bumper w/tire carrier, front bumper advice needed

Old 12-13-2010, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Serg5000
The squeaking could be your tail gate coming apart. Mine did at the factory tack welds. 35 was just to much weight for the tail gate.
I rewelded the factory welds and left my spare at home.
Yeah...I have no doubt that's what's happening. Gotta make a move soon on this.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 35" tire on my stock tailgate mount as well...with a spacer. I didn't like hearing the clunky noise of my tailgate going over the bumps, so I had to figure out another way of dealing with the issue before my tailgate started getting wrecked... At the time I bought my Jeep, the dealership offered me a Wild Boar roof rack, used but in really good condition, which they said I could have if I paid for the install...was like $80. Pretty good deal for a roof rack I thought. Anyways, to temporarily solve the tailgate issue, I simply bought a ratcheting strap and ran it through the tire rim openings and hooked onto the back of the roof rack. The tire is really nice and secure now and doesn't shake or move around going over a bumpy road. At least my tailgate should be okay now and I can save up to get my rear bumper and tire carrier next spring. I could have just put the tire on top of the roof rack, but I didn't really want to have to heave my tire from way up there, so this works well as an alternative for me anyways.

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 12-13-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Add another vote for:

I had the E1 front bumper on my list but I am very pleased and happy with my Middy LoD.

Mike that rig looks better every time I see it!!

I have the LOD rear with tire carrier and jerry can holders on my wish list as well.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by H-Dog

I have the LOD rear with tire carrier and jerry can holders on my wish list as well.
Hi,

what about this front bumper?

Old 12-14-2010, 07:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fasteddiesa
That is a sweet ride! My main issue with the LoD middy is that I want the extra lights to mount under the bull bar since I don't plan on a winch anytime soon. I don't want all that extra space. So I'm torn between the E1 and the AEV.

Lots of love here for the LoD - thanks to all.
You can mount the lights under the bull bar...my PIAA bolts were not long enough. ECHO mounted his lightforce lights under the bar on his Lod Middy....so you can still keep the bumper on your list.

Originally Posted by H-Dog

Thanks....

That is what I am wishing from santa is the jerry can holders and the top carrier rack to carry more gear for my adventures and I will see if he brings his brown sleigh to my door and maybe even drops off a set of LoD sliders.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by USAAFN.com
Hi,

what about this front bumper?

That is also a nice looking front!! Are the shackle mounts optional? What about a hoop on it?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

rear-- expedition one or plenty of nice fronts to choose from..

Last edited by mkjeep; 12-15-2010 at 12:50 AM. Reason: blacklisted manf.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fasteddiesa
What did you like about LoD vs. E1?
Reason #1:
For me it was shipping up from the states was going to cost more to get the E1 bumper over ordering the LoD Middy from Northridge4x4 in Canada (Can't beat Free shipping & avoid the stupid duties)

#2 Reason
Also, I thought a little longer and felt the LoD Mid-width bumper would give me better access to quick disco my swaybar over the full width E1 front bumper.

#3 Reason

I felt the LoD mid-width would give me a just a little more clearance over a full width bumper when taking on larger obsticles (boulders & rocks)

I really like both bumpers and I don't think you can go wrong with either to be honest!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Reason #1:
For me it was shipping up from the states was going to cost more to get the E1 bumper over ordering the LoD Middy from Northridge4x4 in Canada (Can't beat Free shipping & avoid the stupid duties)

#2 Reason
Also, I thought a little longer and felt the LoD Mid-width bumper would give me better access to quick disco my swaybar over the full width E1 front bumper.

#3 Reason

I felt the LoD mid-width would give me a just a little more clearance over a full width bumper when taking on larger obsticles (boulders & rocks)

I really like both bumpers and I don't think you can go wrong with either to be honest!
Thanks! I'd like to hear others' reasoning also. I agree with you - doesn't seem like I can go wrong. The LoD is $500 less overall (rear/tire carrier and front middy) vs. E1. Right now, both are back-ordered for 3 weeks according to calls I made this week.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

I want to thank everyone for their two cents. At the end of last week I placed my order through Northridge 4 x 4 for an E1 rear bumper and AEV premium front bumper, with PIAA lights. They should arrive in early January. My experience with Dave at Northridge mirrors that of most everyone on this forum: excellent to work with and highly recommend him for whatever you may need.

Again, thanks to all and pics will be posted as soon as it is finished!

Ed

Quick Reply: Rear bumper w/tire carrier, front bumper advice needed