Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rear bumper trim??

Old 04-05-2012, 02:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear bumper trim??

Ive seen the front trims, but not many rears. I am putting 37s on my 2010 2 door Rubicon with a 2.5 RK max travel kit. I trimmed the flares, but think the bumpers will need some trimming as well. I see a couple companies sell ends for the front, but nothing for the back. I gotta trim it until I can afford to buy or build bumpers. Anyone have any shots of their rear bumper cut?
Old 05-21-2012, 12:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup That would be quite helpful for me too
Old 05-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It might help to check out the custom fabrication threads for some more specific info on what you are looking for. But, while we're here, I'll give you my $.02.
The problem with 37's is both the rear bumper, but more importantly, the stress that a 37" tire will put on the stock tailgate. I am sure it is relatively easy to cut the rear bumper to fit 37's, as it is basically all plastic right below the tire carrier. However, the weight of a 37" tire in another story and requires some more investigation. Search around the forum for rear tailgate spot weld threads, which tend to break away for some guys when a heavier tire is introduced to the stock tire carrier. This issue leads to a noisier ride, and eventually can lead to a deformed tailgate that will not function properly.
Hope this helps and good luck!

Quick Reply: rear bumper trim??