Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Rear bumper/tire carrier?
Rock Hard http://www.quadratec.com/products/12065_400X_PG.htm
3.80%
WARN Elite http://www.quadratec.com/products/12022_1104_07.htm
1.27%
Smittybilt XRC http://www.quadratec.com/products/12057_210X_PG.htm
10.13%
AEV http://www.quadratec.com/products/12049_201X_PG.htm
20.25%
Other? Please specify
64.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier (POLL)

Old 10-13-2013, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by somguyss
I bought the Bestop rear bumper and carrier for our 2012 JKU and I wish I would have researched it a little more.
What issues do you have? Note: must use High Rock D-Rings.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with Body Armor front and rear bumpers. Not pleased with them at all...they started rusting in spots after 10 months installed. I called Body Armor and they don't stand behind their products at all!! The grill guard was rusted on it and I offered to even buy a new one but they told me I had to buy the entire bumper to get the grill guard...WTF happened to customer support? They are solid bumpers but the lack of customer support really irritates me! I'm looking at swapping out my Body Armor bumpers and wasn't sure which way to go until now. I think after what was said here I will go with the ACE JK Pro Series Front Bumper and Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier. These look pretty solid for the price.

Anybody interested in buying Body Armor front and rear bumpers? j/k
Old 10-16-2013, 04:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by snags922
I went with Body Armor front and rear bumpers. Not pleased with them at all...they started rusting in spots after 10 months installed. I called Body Armor and they don't stand behind their products at all!! The grill guard was rusted on it and I offered to even buy a new one but they told me I had to buy the entire bumper to get the grill guard...WTF happened to customer support? They are solid bumpers but the lack of customer support really irritates me! I'm looking at swapping out my Body Armor bumpers and wasn't sure which way to go until now. I think after what was said here I will go with the ACE JK Pro Series Front Bumper and Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier. These look pretty solid for the price. Anybody interested in buying Body Armor front and rear bumpers? j/k
I think you might find the same with many manufacturers. I have my Jeep completely wrapped in Ace steel and I have several spots on fenders and bumpers that need attention (rust converter / bed liner). Some spots got chipped during shipping and other just sort of came through powder coat. There will be more due to trail mods as well.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:10 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKevin
I think you might find the same with many manufacturers. I have my Jeep completely wrapped in Ace steel and I have several spots on fenders and bumpers that need attention (rust converter / bed liner). Some spots got chipped during shipping and other just sort of came through powder coat. There will be more due to trail mods as well.
I've had my Ace pro rear bumper with the tire carrier and the front mid width bumper (plus the by on rock rails) for less than a year but they've had some pretty hard workouts including two Jeep jamborees and I haven't found so much as a scratch

I have no connection to them other than being a happy customer!

Matthew
Old 10-22-2013, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
What ever happened to Benchmark Designs? I came close to buying their package deal, but read about delivery issues. The front mid-width bumper was my ideal choice in minimalist design.
Benchmark had some Quality Control issues and then a bunch of Customer Service problems (His fingers must have been broken becouse he could not return emails or phone calls) Had some very interesting products just no follow through.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

LoD, solid, no tire rattle. I've had others like the Wilderness Rack which rattled and shook with 35s. Just wished it had a better Gerry can holder. Other than that, no problems

Last edited by silver rubicon; 11-12-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:59 AM
JK Newbie

Other....ace pro with tire carrier and light cut outs. Very happy with it.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:30 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Don't forget about us!

We shove a lot of options in a tight package! We also just added a LED light option that is included with our bumpers too!

Old 11-13-2013, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

I'm going to have to give another vote to the Ace pro series rear with tire carrier. Tire swings out with the tailgate, wraps around the quarter panels and keeps them away from the rocks, and the quality is top notch, what else do you need! I think it was mentioned before, you can find them on sale from time to time, so for the money I think its a great deal as well. Also very easy to install and maintenance!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:12 AM
JK Junkie

Also, the Ace Jerry can mount rocks!

Quick Reply: Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier (POLL)