Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear bumper with tire carrier

Old 10-04-2016, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear bumper with tire carrier

Purchased a used e auto grills rear bumper. No complaints with the bumper it bolted up really well!!

The problem is with the tire carrier it makes so much noise while driving it is hard to turn the radio up loud enough to drown it out. I'm fairly deaf enough that it doesn't bother me as much but it is driving the better half bonkers!!

Is there any way to fix it?

If no way to fix what is a good way to go?

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 10-04-2016, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by milspec45
Purchased a used e auto grills rear bumper. No complaints with the bumper it bolted up really well!! The problem is with the tire carrier it makes so much noise while driving it is hard to turn the radio up loud enough to drown it out. I'm fairly deaf enough that it doesn't bother me as much but it is driving the better half bonkers!! Is there any way to fix it? If no way to fix what is a good way to go? Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Can you post up a picture? There might be a way to add adjustable bumpstops to keep it from rattling.

R/
Will
Old 10-04-2016, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If it is a latched tire carrier, I've seen people use foam rubber or door insulation near the latch to keep it tight. Then buy the daystar extended tire supports and cut them to fit to keep the tire from wobbling down road.

Quick Reply: Rear bumper with tire carrier