Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear bumper and tire carrier

Old 03-22-2011, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by _J__C_

X4...? I Like mine a lot, and it leaves me open to get any rear bumper I want. I didn't care for the price of most of the other options.
I have 7 speed bumps and 3 very bumpy roads that I have to go on everyday
Will the or fab hold that with out making noise/getting ripped out? And I don't really like to stop for the speed bumps and my tire carrier sounds like it's going to fall off every time I don't slow down
Old 03-22-2011, 04:55 AM
JK Freak

There are many things you buy that you will have no choice whether to buy American or imported. However in the world of Jeeps you still have that option and you can buy American and still not spend a fortune. I love it. I am and have been a buy American nut for the last 25 years. You can buy any number of brands that employ American workers who earn money so that they can buy the stuff YOUR company makes or sells so that you continue to have a job and get paid.

Buy OR fab or shrockworks or LOD or expedition one or any other company that is made in the USA. It is important. You will still have to buy some things made in China. It is impossible not to, but every product you or I buy made here takes us 1 step closer to getting our economy back on it's feet. I can promise you I for one still look for the Made in the USA label!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cameron7
I have 7 speed bumps and 3 very bumpy roads that I have to go on everyday
Will the or fab hold that with out making noise/getting ripped out? And I don't really like to stop for the speed bumps and my tire carrier sounds like it's going to fall off every time I don't slow down
Well, I'm not sure anything you buy will hold up to your driving habits. It is a sturdy carrier for sure. You may want to look at investing in a better suspension.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kking08
Im in the same boat as you, I currently have the rugged ridge tire carrier and bumper. Ive only had it about a year and I've had to re paint it already due to rust, tire carrier doesn't line up anymore. Im saving now for the AEV carrier and bumper

It will be worth the wait. I've had the AEV rear carrier installed on my jeep for over a year. It operates flawlessly with the tailgate, no rattles and after this past winter, the powder coating still looks new.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Should I go with the RANCHO now and later upgrade
I just want this until I can get the funds for a LOD

Last edited by cameron7; 03-23-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

I just went through the same process.

I looked at all the popular combos. I really liked the Expedition One and Shrockworks, but I found it very hard to drop $1300 bucks and/or wait 3 months for delivery. The Rancho was a great price, but the bumper just looks weird to me. The Smittybuilts XRC sounded to be hit or miss on quality but most reviews started that if there was a problem, Smittybuilt's customer service handled it fairly well.

Finding the Smittybuilt XRC online for $740 w/ free shipping pushed me to it. I still have money in my budget for a front bumper and winch.

Last edited by Flat Top; 03-23-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear bumper and tire carrier