Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear bumper with hitch reciever

Old 06-12-2011, 02:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smittybilt

I also have the smitty SRC. You can tow with it, it bolts in the same 4 holes as the factory hitch plus a couple more on each side of the frame. I pull over 2500 lbs with mine. And I believe I paid less than $800 for it. No complaints from me...
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	170997
Old 06-12-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have done lots of research and hands on comparison on front and rear bumpers and my opinion is Smittybilt XRC... I like how it uses the 4 extra bolts where the stock reciever would bolt up to and it is a full Class III hitch receiver which Smittybilt advertises so you know its all secure. I got my bumper new in box from the ads here in the classifieds section for only $650!!!! New is $899, but keep searching and choose the one you like man.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ChiroJK
I noticed we have a front bumper comparison thread. Is there a rear bumper one? I'm looking for a rear bumper with a receiver that's not going to cost me $1000
I your looking to Tow with a rear bumper with a receiver. Then the Smittybilt XRC is going to be one of your best option's. If not just get rear bumper without a receiver, and just pick up the factory receiver. You can pick up the receiver that bolt's to the factory spot on the frame, for around $69.95 online from Rough Country.

Last edited by Shadow's_Jeep; 06-12-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Rear bumper with hitch reciever