Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear bumper help.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear bumper help.

So today I decided to remove my spare I like the look better and noticed my tailgate was warped pretty good don't know how I'm the second owner first was a doctor and still has stock rubbers. So out with the spare now the delima is which rear bumper tucks up nice and has provisions to run the towing package or has an integrated receiver I won't be towing anything heavy but it's a must have. All suggests will be viewed thanks for reading this post and giving me your feedback.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by knnphillips
So today I decided to remove my spare I like the look better and noticed my tailgate was warped pretty good don't know how I'm the second owner first was a doctor and still has stock rubbers. So out with the spare now the delima is which rear bumper tucks up nice and has provisions to run the towing package or has an integrated receiver I won't be towing anything heavy but it's a must have. All suggests will be viewed thanks for reading this post and giving me your feedback.
Iam a big LoD fan myself
Old 06-11-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

You have any pictures of it without the rear swing away or spare? My spare will sit in my room unless I decide to take a road trip.

Anyone have detailed pictures of how the poison spyder BFH mounts I think I got a brilliant idea just wanna see the mounts first.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone have detailed pictures of how the poison spyder BFH mounts I think I got a brilliant idea just wanna see the mounts first.
Sure, here's my bfh mount. Reuses the 2 factory bolts shown and adds one bolt (gold colored) near the end of the frame, which be warned you have to do a fair bit of cutting on the frame end for this bumper.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

You think it would be possible to locate a receiver hitch with that bumper?
Old 06-11-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

You think it would be possible to locate a receiver hitch with that bumper?
Not on your life.

The rear crossmember the factory receiver is bolted to went out with the trash 2 months ago when I installed this bumper. So I now have no crossmember under the bumper.

You will have to fabricate something for a new rear crossmember or do a major rework of the bumper itself to do a receiver with this bumper.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can you snap a picture of up under the bumper around where the stock exhaust is please.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Can you snap a picture of up under the bumper around where the stock exhaust is please.
Sure, but its dark here now so the pics may not be ideal. There is about 2.5" or so between factory muffler and the bottom edge of the bumper...

Old 06-11-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the help my idea defiantly won't work guess it's time to start looking at different bumpers.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang another one , smittybilt src , with built in tow hitch , and it use the stock 4 bolts at the hitch area

Quick Reply: Rear bumper help.